Thank you to the many of you who voiced an interest in having my hood pattern available.
I am focusing this week on getting the text, illustrations and pattern pieces in a publishable state. My goal is to have it available for those who will want to make a hood for this winter. Fingers crossed there since this is both a matter of preparation and funds for publication.
I would also like to pull together the hood workshop some of us discussed.
For the published pattern, here is what I have in mind:
- Pattern pieces for an adult hood in two depths (I was going to include the child’s hood but am having difficulty fitting that.)
- Directions that are short and easy to understand using a combination of illustations and photos, including information on quilting.
- An explanation of this type of quilted hood along with observations of extant hoods.
- Tips on a successful hood in terms of materials and techniques.
- Passages from Godey’s, Peterson’s, etc regarding quilted hoods and bonnets.
- Ideas for how to trim your hood based on originals and extant hoods.
- I’m hoping for a price point between $10 and $15, which will be based on what my print shop can do for me. (they are great.)