In light of a uber-awesome event, which I will not name until I have our tickets purchased due to the limited number, all sewing has been rearranged. There is now a new sewing list with fabric being rededicated. All of this must be sewn, change that, must be researched, draped and sewn in the next 3 months.
For Dan –
- Regency pants (plaid with some blue wool)
- Regency waistcoat (Ummmm????)
- Regency frock coat or formal coat – must find out which is which, and what is what on this (Dark blue wool )
- Regency shirt? (white cotton)
- Figure out what to do about headwear and footwear.
For Me –
- Regency corset (which was draped and patterned for me a year ago. Talk about a kick in the bottom to get working on it.)
- Regency under-everything: chemise, petticoat….
- Regency dress – to be made out of the vintage sari I was going to use for the court dress.
- Dance slippers…
- Hair… um… something….
- do I need new gloves???
Here are the fabrics I’m planning on. The sari has a large empty area as well as a wide panel of the gold design. The gold is very stiff. The plaid wool has a bit of texture to it. I think it will be comfy for him.
Here is a better look at the wool.
This all said, I am very, very new to the Regency era of clothing. I’ve worn poor examples of the dresses and have one sad mock-up from a decade ago. So, I’m starting from scratch here. I am open, very open, to a reading list whether it be articles, books, tutorials, what have you. Send them my way!!!
My biggest learning hurdles are the different shape in sleeve for my dress along with the whole construction and shaping of Dan’s coat plus his pants. Honestly, with his coat and waistcoat if someone were to specifically say ” make this”, it would help narrow my focus down while aiding my learning curve.